Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Measuring Brain Activity In People Eating Chocolate Offers New Clues About How The Body Becomes Addicted

In North Eastern's article it is said that doctors in Chicago found that chocolate has a special effect on the brain. They found that when people who liked chocolate ate it, it sent more blood flow to the brain. They also found the effect chocolate has on the brain differs in the situations. If the person is being rewarded it has a different reaction than if the person has had too much chocolate. A doctor then concluded that chocolate is a "primary reinforcer". This means that the love for the chocolate has been from birth and a individual doesn't have to learn to like it.

Resource:http://www.chocolate.org/choclove/index.html

5 comments:

Sarah said...

This is so cool! I can't believe that people have liked chocolate from birth and its not an acquired thing. Since eating it sends more blood to the brain, does that mean I can eat more without feeling as guilty?

wayneo said...

I can't believe that eating chocolate actually has a positive attribution to the human body!! wooooahhh

Lori A. said...

It makes sense to me that chocolate has a positive effect on the brain. I know that if I'm ever feeling a little blue, a chocolate bar will always make me feel better! I definitely support eating chocolate for medicinal purposes! Great job on your blog Olivia!

Anonymous said...

I enjoу what yοu guys are uѕuаllу
uρ toο. Suсh clever work and expоsuгe!
Keеp uр the fаntastic works guуs I've you guys to our blogroll.

Here is my site :: sportsbet

Anonymous said...

Do you have а sρam іssue on this site; I аlso am a blogger, and I was wanting tο knoω your situation;
manу οf uѕ have сreated sοme
nice practices and we are lookіng to swаp ѕolutions with others, plеase shοot me an email if іnterested.


Fеel fгee to visit my blog post; raspberry ketone